IEEE ICC 2017 Meeting
Join us for Lunch and 3rd TCBNC Meeting at IEEE ICC 2017, Paris, France
- Date and Time: Thursday, 25 May 2017 from 12 noon – 2 PM (Paris Time)
- Room: Ternes
- Venue: Le Méridien Etoile, Paris
- Address: 81 Boulevard Gouvion Saint-Cyr, 75848 Cedex 17, Paris, 75017, France
Phone: +33 (0)1 40 68 34 34
For more information and meeting registration, please go to: http://www.comsoc.org/gc/iccmeetingschedule
You can attend meeting online:
DIAL-IN NUMBER: +1.866.282.7366 OR +1.210.606.9466
ATTENDEE CODE : 59189376
- Welcome and introduction
- Admin issues:
- Mailing list and new members recruitment
- Publicity and organization updates
- Report on ongoing activities:
- IEEE ICIN Workshop 5GUA 2017
- SI IEEE Access Q2 2017: 5G PHY and Mac Layer
- Discussions on new activities/future activities:
- IEEE BackNets 2017, Toronto, Canada
- Possible SI in IEEE Journal/other venues in IEEE TCs.
- Reading list and Blog:
- Best Reading List: Backhaul and Fronthaul: Networking, Communications and Signal Processing: Time line and updates by Muhammad Ali Imran
- Backhaul Blog: process, organization and launch: Update by Syed Ali Raza Zaidi
- Open slot: TCBNC members presentations
- Updates on related IEEE Standard activities (1914 and WiGig)
- Next meeting: Globecom 2017 (Tentative)
- Any other business
Minutes of Meeting:
Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir; Syed Ali Raza Zaidi; Muhammad Ali Imran; Hesham El-Bakoury
Till to date TCBNC has 90 members from around the world. It has been discussed to promote TCBNC and enroll members with in ComSoc through different activities. Regional Chairs will be tasked to assist with the publicity of the committee.
Report of activities:
Workshop on 5G for Universal Access: Meeting the challenges for Urban and Rural Coverage has been organised with 20th ICIN Conference Innovations in Clouds, Internet and Networks; the workshop presented 4 research papers and 3 invited talked by Prof Mohamed-Slim Alouini from KAUST; Prof. Merouane Debbah from Huawei France R&D Center, France and Prof Marco Di Renzo from Paris-Saclay University. More details on the workshop and program can be found at http://mshahmeeromar.wixsite.com/mysite/program and http://2017.icin-conference.org/ICIN2017_Program_Highlights.pdf
Special Issue in IEEE Access has been organised on Physical and Medium Access Control Layer Advances in 5G Wireless Networks; Issue will be published during Q4.
Discussions on new activities:
IEEE 3rd BackNets will be organised with IEEE VTC-Fall 2017, to be held in Toronto, Canada during September 2017; CFP has been published; see details here http://ieeevtc.org/vtc2017fall/workshops.php#wkshp_1
TCBCN has nominated Prof Muhammad Ali Imran for Special Issue on Backhual/fronthaul in IEEE JSAC.
Reading list and Blog:
Best paper reading list:
Muhammad Ali Imran has presented an overview of the best paper list covering the areas of networking, communications and signal processing related to backhaul and fronthaul; Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir presented ComSoc’s view on the best paper list on this topic; and also mentioned that ComSoc best paper list editor has agreed to publish best paper list on topics related to TCBNC. It has been discussed to create the timeline and follow the template provided by the editor to prepare the best paper list.
Syed Ali Raza Zaidi will handle the TCBNC Newsletter or Blog to prepare an informative literature for TCBNC community. Potentially the newsletter will include virtual interviews and review on the paper both from academia and industry.
Hesham El-Bakoury from Huawei presented X-Ethernet Technology as a potential candidate for wireless backhaul/fronthaul. His presentation can be found here Huawei X-Ethernet Technology
Adjourned at 2pm.