IEEE GC/ICC SAC
- SAC-Backhaul/Fronthaul symposium in Globecom 2023, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Track Chair Dr Mona Jaber, (Queen Mary University of London)
- SAC-Backhaul/Fronthaul symposium in ICC 2024, Denver, Colorado, USA. Interested members are required to submit nominations to BNC Chair with following by May 2nd, 2022
- candidate’s affiliation and email, bio or webpage (containing a bio);
- a list of all prior ICC/GLOBECOM symposia chaired or comparable experiences in other major conferences.
IEE ICC 2022: TUT-12: Integrated Access and Backhaul for 5G and Beyond Mohamed-Slim Alouini (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia); Behrooz Makki and Erik Dahlman (Ericsson Research, Sweden); Filip Barac (Ericsson AB, Sweden) https://icc2022.ieee-icc.org/program/tutorials#tut-12
MONDAY, MAY 16 09:00 – 12:00 (ON-DEMAND TUTORIAL)
FRIDAY, MAY 20 15:00 – 15:30 (LIVE Q&A SESSION)
- IEEE Globecom 2021: TUT-09: Integrated Access and Backhaul for 5G and Beyond Mohamed-Slim Alouini (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia); Behrooz Makki and Erik Dahlman (Ericsson Research, Sweden); Filip Barac (Ericsson AB, Sweden) Tutorials: IEEE Globecom 2021 https://globecom2021.ieee-globecom.org/program/technical-tutorials-0
- IEEE Globecom 2021: TUT-04: On the Way to 6G UAV and Satellite Communications Adrian Garcia-Rodriguez (Huawei Technologies, France); Giovanni Geraci (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain); Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir (University of the West of Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)) Tutorials: IEEE Globecom 2021 https://globecom2021.ieee-globecom.org/program/technical-tutorials-0
- White paper: Public Safety Technology Gaps and Opportunities published by IEEE Future Directions Committee Public Safety Technology Task Force, May 2021. Register to download the white paper here.
- ETI’s recent nominations for IEEE ICC/Globecom
- Dr Haris Pervaiz (Lancaster University) Track chair for SAC-Backhaul/Fronthaul symposium in Globecom 2022, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Nomination approved)
- Dr Behrooz Makki (Ericsson) Track chair for SAC-Backhaul/Fronthaul symposium in ICC 2023, Rome, Italy (Nomination approved)
- Dr Ranga Rao Venkatesha Prasad (TU Delft) Co Chair of IoT & Sensor Networks Symposium at IEEE ICC 2023, Rome, Italy (ETI scope: backhaul for IoT applications; infrastructure for IoT and AI enabled architecture) (Nomination approved)
- ETI-BNC will organise SAC Symposium: Backhaul and Fronthaul: Communications, Networking and Signal Processing with ICC 2022, Seoul, South Korea, 16 – 20 May, 2022. Call for papers.
Recent Research Topic/ Special Issue:
Call for papers: Enabling Technologies for Smart Communication and Networking in 6G Era
- Journal: The IEEE Open Journal of Communications Society (OJ-COMS)
- Submission deadline: Feb 28, 2022; ETI Member: Dr Shahid Mumtaz (ITU Portugal)
- Web: https://www.comsoc.org/publications/journals/ieee-ojcoms/cfp/enabling-technologies-smart-communication-and-networking-6g
- Research Topic Integrated access and backhaul for 5G, Frontiers in Communications and Networking; Call for papers
- We are planning to organise a SI on IAB – interested members can send an email to chair ETI Muhamamd.Shakir@uws.ac.uk with details and track record to be part of guest editors.
- Tutorial: IEEE Global Communications 2021, Madrid, Spain, Dec 7 – Dec 12, 2021
- TUT-04: On the Way to 6G UAV and Satellite Communications
- Adrian Garcia-Rodriguez (Huawei Technologies, France); Giovanni Geraci (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Spain); Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir (University of the West of Scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
- Webinar: IEEE Future Network UK and Ireland Webinar Role of UAVs in Future Wireless Networks, Sep 23, 2021
- Web: https://www.ieee-ukandireland.org/event/webinar-role-of-uavs-in-future-wireless-networks/
- UAV Infrastructure in Future Wireless Networks: Opportunities and Challenges by Boris Galkin
- Role of flying platforms for global connectivity: Paving the Way Towards Future Wireless Networks by Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir
- Tutorials: IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications 13-16 September 2021
- Integrated Access and Backhaul for 5G and Beyond by Behrooz Makki, Ericsson AB, Sweden and et al. https://pimrc2021.ieee-pimrc.org/integrated-access-and-backhaul-for-5g-and-beyond/
- Role of Flying Platforms for Global Connectivity by Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir, University of the West of Scotland, UK https://pimrc2021.ieee-pimrc.org/role-of-flying-platforms-for-global-connectivity/
- IEEE ComSoc Summer School 5G-and-Beyond in Era of Smart Cities; to be held Summer Aug 2020, University of Glasgow technically sponsored by ETI-BNC and supported by IEEE ComSoc Chapter UK.Note: School will be organised virtually due to Covid-19 situation. More details to come.
- The 8th IEEE International Conference on Communications and Networking, IEEE ComNet’2020, Oct 28-30, 2020, Hammamet, Tunisia. More details here.
- First Workshop on AI-Enabled and Data-Driven Elastic Networks (Aiden) Held in Conjunction with WCNC 2020, 6-9 April 2020, Seoul, South Korea.
- Guest Editorial: S. A. R. Zaidi et al., “Guest Editorial: Design and Analysis of Communication Interfaces for Industry 4.0,” in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 797-802, May 2020, doi: 10.1109/JSAC.2020.2983815.
- Ahmadi H, Katzis K, Shakir MZ, Arvaneh M, Gatherer A. Wireless communication and the pandemic: the story so far. IEEE ComSoc Technology News. 2020 Apr 17; (April 2020).
- Call for papers: IEEE Communications Magazine Feature Topic on Communication Technologies for Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Paper submission deadline July 1, 2020. See more information and guidelines here.
- Call for Papers: IEEE Open Journal of the Computer Society (OJ-CS) Special Section on Resource Management in UAV-Assisted Systems, Paper submission deadline Oct 15, 2020, See more information and guidelines here.
- IEEE ComSoc Technical Committee Newsletter: ETI-BNC Report, Dec 2019.
- IEEE ICC 2020: TUT-08: Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications (URLLC) in 5G: From Theory to Reality
Eduard Jorswieck, Muhammad Ali Imran, M. Majid Butt
- IEEE ICC 2020: TUT-16: Role of Flying Platforms for Coverage Hole Discovery and Global Connectivity
Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir, Mohamed-Slim Alouini
- ETI-BNC editorial contribution to IEE ComSoc CTN: Can Wireless Technology Alone Blur the Digital Divide? Dec, 2019.
- ETI-BNC editorial contribution to IEEE ComSoc CTN: Connectivity: From Top to Bottom Dec, 2019.
- Tutorial: Networked-Flying Platforms: Paving the Way Towards Global Wireless Connectivity , in PIMRC 2019, Istanbul, Globecom 2019, Waikoloa, HI, USA.
- Post Conference review: Rewinding UCET2019. (ETI-BNC endorsed conference).
- IEEE ETI-BNC Online Panel 2019: Networked-Flying Platforms: Paving the Way Towards Global Wireless Connectivity, July 1, 2019, Meeting information here.
- Special Issue: IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC) Special Issue on Design and Analysis of Communication Interfaces for Industry 4.0. Full paper submission deadline July 1, 2019, See details on scope of the special issue and submission guidelines here
- Special Section: IEEE Access in the area of Antenna and Propagation for 5G and Beyond, Paper submission deadline September 15, 2019, See details here.
- ETI-BNC nominations for IEEE ICC 2020 (NGNI) and IEEE GC 2020 (SAC) were successful and we would like to welcome submissions to these symposiums.
- 4th International Conference on UK – China Emerging Technologies (UCET), technically sponsored by IEEE Communications Society, will be held on 21-22 August 2019 at the University of Glasgow, UK, (ETI-BNC endorsed conference). Paper submission deadline June 14, 2019, See call for papers here
- IEEE ComSoc Best Reading List: Backhaul and Fronthaul: Networking, Communications and Signal Processing, Visit IEEE ComSoc website here for list.
- Workshop: Fourth edition of IEEE BackNets 2018 will be organised in conjunction with 2018 Globecom, Dec. 13, 2018, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Paper submission deadline: Jun 15, 2018.
- ETI-BNC nominations for IEEE GC 2019 (SAC Access networks) was successful and we would like to welcome submissions to these symposium.
- Special Issue: IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC) Special Issue on Emerging Technologies in Tactile Internet and Backhaul/Fronthaul Networks. Full paper submission deadline
April 1, 2018April 16, 2018. See details on scope of the special issue and submission guidelines here
- Conference: International conference on selected topics in Mobile and Wireless Networking, Jun 20 -22, 2018 Tangier, Morocco; Paper submission deadline Feb 5, 2018. (ETI-BNC endorsed conference).
- Tutorial: Paving the Way Towards 5G and Beyond Access and Backhaul Wireless Networks, in Intl. Conf. Network of Future, NOF’2017, London, UK, Nov. 2017.
- Workshop: Third edition of IEEE BackNets 2017 will be organized in conjunction with 2017 IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference: VTC2017-Fall – 24–27 September 2017, Toronto, Canada. Deadline for paper submission: May 8, 2017.
- Tutorial: Backhaul/fronthaul for Ultra-Dense HetNets: Requirements, Emerging Technologies and Industrial Practices, in Intl. Symp. Ubiquitous Networking, UNet’2017, Casablanca, Morocco, May 2017.
- Workshop: IEEE ICIN’2017 Workshop on 5G for Universal Access: Meeting the challenges for Urban and Rural Coverage with IEEE ICIN 2017, 7 – 9 March 2017, Paris, France.
- Special Issue: IEEE Access, Special Issue on Physical and Medium Access Control Layer Advances in 5G Wireless Networks, Submission deadline Jan 23, 2017; call for paper here
- Workshop: Second edition of IEEE ICC Workshop on Next Generation Backhaul/Fonthaul Networks BackNets 2016 will be organized in conjunction with IEEE ICC’2016, May 23-27, 2016, Kuala Lumpur. Deadline for paper submission:
Dec. 4, 2015.Dec. 18, 2015 (Extended).
- Tutorial: Fronthaul Technologies for Heterogeneous Small Cell Networks, in IEEE Intl. Conf. Communs., ICC’2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2016.
- 2015 IEEE GLOBECOM Workshop on Millimeter-Wave Backhaul and Access: From Propagation to Prototyping (mmWave 2015) in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2015 (San Diego, California, USA), December 6, 2015. See Workshop program here.
- First IEEE ICC Workshop on Next Generation of Backhaul/Fronthaul Networks BackNets 2015, IEEE ICC, June, London, UK, 2015.
- IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, Special Issue on Smart Backhaul/Fronthaul for 5G Networks, October 2015; IEEE Xplore