- White paper: Public Safety Technology Gaps and Opportunities published by IEEE Future Directions Committee Public Safety Technology Task Force, May 2021. Register to download the white paper here.
- ETI-BNC will organise SAC Symposium: Backhaul and Fronthaul: Communications, Networking and Signal Processing with ICC 2022, Seoul, South Korea, 16 – 20 May, 2022. Call for papers.
- We are planning to organise a SI on IAB – interested members can send an email to chair ETI Muhamamd.Shakir@uws.ac.uk with details and track record to be part of guest editors.
Recent Research Topic/ Special Issue:
- Research Topic Integrated access and backhaul for 5G, Frontiers in Communications and Networking; Call for papers
Tutorials: IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications
13-16 September 2021
- Integrated Access and Backhaul for 5G and Beyond by Behrooz Makki, Ericsson AB, Sweden and et al. https://pimrc2021.ieee-pimrc.org/integrated-access-and-backhaul-for-5g-and-beyond/
- Role of Flying Platforms for Global Connectivity by Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir, University of the West of Scotland, UK https://pimrc2021.ieee-pimrc.org/role-of-flying-platforms-for-global-connectivity/
- IEEE ComSoc Summer School 5G-and-Beyond in Era of Smart Cities; to be held Summer Aug 2020, University of Glasgow technically sponsored by ETI-BNC and supported by IEEE ComSoc Chapter UK.Note: School will be organised virtually due to Covid-19 situation. More details to come.
- The 8th IEEE International Conference on Communications and Networking, IEEE ComNet’2020, Oct 28-30, 2020, Hammamet, Tunisia. More details here.
- First Workshop on AI-Enabled and Data-Driven Elastic Networks (Aiden) Held in Conjunction with WCNC 2020, 6-9 April 2020, Seoul, South Korea.
- Guest Editorial: S. A. R. Zaidi et al., “Guest Editorial: Design and Analysis of Communication Interfaces for Industry 4.0,” in IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 797-802, May 2020, doi: 10.1109/JSAC.2020.2983815.
- Ahmadi H, Katzis K, Shakir MZ, Arvaneh M, Gatherer A. Wireless communication and the pandemic: the story so far. IEEE ComSoc Technology News. 2020 Apr 17; (April 2020).
- Call for papers: IEEE Communications Magazine Feature Topic on Communication Technologies for Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Paper submission deadline July 1, 2020. See more information and guidelines here.
- Call for Papers: IEEE Open Journal of the Computer Society (OJ-CS) Special Section on Resource Management in UAV-Assisted Systems, Paper submission deadline Oct 15, 2020, See more information and guidelines here.
- IEEE ComSoc Technical Committee Newsletter: ETI-BNC Report, Dec 2019.
- IEEE ICC 2020: TUT-08: Ultra Reliable Low Latency Communications (URLLC) in 5G: From Theory to Reality
Eduard Jorswieck, Muhammad Ali Imran, M. Majid Butt
- IEEE ICC 2020: TUT-16: Role of Flying Platforms for Coverage Hole Discovery and Global Connectivity
Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir, Mohamed-Slim Alouini
- ETI-BNC editorial contribution to IEE ComSoc CTN: Can Wireless Technology Alone Blur the Digital Divide? Dec, 2019.
- ETI-BNC editorial contribution to IEEE ComSoc CTN: Connectivity: From Top to Bottom Dec, 2019.
- Tutorial: Networked-Flying Platforms: Paving the Way Towards Global Wireless Connectivity , in PIMRC 2019, Istanbul, Globecom 2019, Waikoloa, HI, USA.
- Post Conference review: Rewinding UCET2019. (ETI-BNC endorsed conference).
- IEEE ETI-BNC Online Panel 2019: Networked-Flying Platforms: Paving the Way Towards Global Wireless Connectivity, July 1, 2019, Meeting information here.
- Special Issue: IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC) Special Issue on Design and Analysis of Communication Interfaces for Industry 4.0. Full paper submission deadline July 1, 2019, See details on scope of the special issue and submission guidelines here
- Special Section: IEEE Access in the area of Antenna and Propagation for 5G and Beyond, Paper submission deadline September 15, 2019, See details here.
- ETI-BNC nominations for IEEE ICC 2020 (NGNI) and IEEE GC 2020 (SAC) were successful and we would like to welcome submissions to these symposiums.
- 4th International Conference on UK – China Emerging Technologies (UCET), technically sponsored by IEEE Communications Society, will be held on 21-22 August 2019 at the University of Glasgow, UK, (ETI-BNC endorsed conference). Paper submission deadline June 14, 2019, See call for papers here
- IEEE ComSoc Best Reading List: Backhaul and Fronthaul: Networking, Communications and Signal Processing, Visit IEEE ComSoc website here for list.
- Workshop: Fourth edition of IEEE BackNets 2018 will be organised in conjunction with 2018 Globecom, Dec. 13, 2018, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Paper submission deadline: Jun 15, 2018.
- ETI-BNC nominations for IEEE GC 2019 (SAC Access networks) was successful and we would like to welcome submissions to these symposium.
- Special Issue: IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC) Special Issue on Emerging Technologies in Tactile Internet and Backhaul/Fronthaul Networks. Full paper submission deadline
April 1, 2018April 16, 2018. See details on scope of the special issue and submission guidelines here
- Conference: International conference on selected topics in Mobile and Wireless Networking, Jun 20 -22, 2018 Tangier, Morocco; Paper submission deadline Feb 5, 2018. (ETI-BNC endorsed conference).
- Tutorial: Paving the Way Towards 5G and Beyond Access and Backhaul Wireless Networks, in Intl. Conf. Network of Future, NOF’2017, London, UK, Nov. 2017.
- Workshop: Third edition of IEEE BackNets 2017 will be organized in conjunction with 2017 IEEE 86th Vehicular Technology Conference: VTC2017-Fall – 24–27 September 2017, Toronto, Canada. Deadline for paper submission: May 8, 2017.
- Tutorial: Backhaul/fronthaul for Ultra-Dense HetNets: Requirements, Emerging Technologies and Industrial Practices, in Intl. Symp. Ubiquitous Networking, UNet’2017, Casablanca, Morocco, May 2017.
- Workshop: IEEE ICIN’2017 Workshop on 5G for Universal Access: Meeting the challenges for Urban and Rural Coverage with IEEE ICIN 2017, 7 – 9 March 2017, Paris, France.
- Special Issue: IEEE Access, Special Issue on Physical and Medium Access Control Layer Advances in 5G Wireless Networks, Submission deadline Jan 23, 2017; call for paper here
- Workshop: Second edition of IEEE ICC Workshop on Next Generation Backhaul/Fonthaul Networks BackNets 2016 will be organized in conjunction with IEEE ICC’2016, May 23-27, 2016, Kuala Lumpur. Deadline for paper submission:
Dec. 4, 2015.Dec. 18, 2015 (Extended).
- Tutorial: Fronthaul Technologies for Heterogeneous Small Cell Networks, in IEEE Intl. Conf. Communs., ICC’2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, May 2016.
- 2015 IEEE GLOBECOM Workshop on Millimeter-Wave Backhaul and Access: From Propagation to Prototyping (mmWave 2015) in conjunction with IEEE GLOBECOM 2015 (San Diego, California, USA), December 6, 2015. See Workshop program here.
- First IEEE ICC Workshop on Next Generation of Backhaul/Fronthaul Networks BackNets 2015, IEEE ICC, June, London, UK, 2015.
- IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, Special Issue on Smart Backhaul/Fronthaul for 5G Networks, October 2015; IEEE Xplore