Join us for a Breakfast and 2nd Meeting TCBNC at IEEE ICC 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Date and Time: Tuesday, 24 May from 8.00-9.00 AM (Kuala Lumpur Time)
- Room: Parkview 1 Room
- Venue: Mandarin Oriental, Kuala Lumpur
- Address: Mandarin Oriental – Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For hotel reservations, please go to: http://www.mandarinoriental.com/kualalumpur/
Click on the Special Group Code button and enter “GIEEB0” with the arrival date 21 May 2016 onwards
- Welcome and introduction
- Admin issues:
- Mailing list and new members recruitment
- Publicity and organization updates
- Report on ongoing activities:
- IEEE BackNets 2016, Tutorial IEEE ICC 2016, SI IEEE Access Q2 2017
- Discussions on new activities/future activities:
- SAC in IEEE Globecom, mm-wave workshop
- Nominations for ICC/Globecom
- Reading list and resources collection:
- Blog or newsletter: process, organization and launch
- Collection of papers and other resources: IEEE best reading contribution/in-house list
- Updates on related IEEE Standard activities (1914 and WiGig)
- Next meeting: Globecom 2016
- Any other business
Minutes of Meeting:
Meeting was called to order by Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir. Followed by formal welcome note, meeting was started and agenda of the meeting was presented to the participants.
Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir; Mehmet Ulema; Syed Ali Raza Zaidi; Muhammad Ali Imran; Ali Sadri; Xiaohu Ge and Hiroshi Ou.
Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir update the member about following:
- Members: 60+ members till May 21, 2016
- Website and mailing list including subscription and unsubscribe option.
- Organizations: define roles within TC officers.
Reports on Events:
Members of TCBNC organized IEEE 2nd BackNets 2016 workshop with IEEE ICC 2016:
- 8 papers included in BackNets proceedinsg with 38% acceptance ratio
- Attended by more than 24 participants
- Two keynote speeches by Ali Sadri from Intel and Arne Alping from Ericsson
- Panel presentations: Mischa Dohler, Chih-Lin, Ali Sadri and Chih-Lin
TCBNC endorsed Tutorial T-9: Backhaul/Fronthaul Technologies for Heterogeneous Small Cell Networks held during IEEE ICC 2016:
- Tutorial presented by Mohamed-Slim Alouini and Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir
- Attended by more then two dozen audience
- Topics covered: FSO, mm-wave Massive MIMO, Drones based fronthaul, etc.
TCBNC organized a Special Section in IEEE Access on Physical and Medium Access Control Layer Advances in 5G Wireless Networks Deadline Jan 10, 2017.
- Members briefly discussed to technically sponsor/organize future workshops including BackNets and SAC in Globecom.
- Mehmet presented overview of the newly ComSoc Standard projects 1914 and related sub groups. He also encouraged to broadcast the TCBNC activities to 1914 officers and WG members for future collaborations.
- Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir updated the members on ETC actions on TCBNC role.
Ali Sadri presented a talk on mm-wave backhaul standardization activities. Members discussed about timeline of 802.11ad and recently started standard projects: 1914.1 and 1914.3.
Reading list and resources collection:
Members discussed following two resources for TCBCN memebers:
- IEEE BackNets Workshop at IEEE ICC 2015 – Proceedings in Xplore under IEEE ICC 2015.
- ComSoc Best Reading List for TC members and ComSoc. It was discussed that till today more than 1500 conference and journal papers have been published exclusively related to wireless backhaul and fronthaul problems with approximately 500 papers in IEEE transactions and journals. Most popular venues for backhaul and fronthaul research are IEEE TWC, TCOM, WCM, Comm Mag and Optical. Muhammad Zeeshan Shakir will liaison with ComSoc Best Reading List Editor to approve and schedule the list. Muhammad Ali Imran presented suggestions to build the list.
- TCBNC Podcast/News Letter: Syed Ali Raza Zaidi presented way forward and said he will prepare call for contribution and prepare suggestions for News letter launch. The publication team will be decided in next meeting.
Next TCBNC meeting:
- IEEE Globecom 2016 OR /ICC 2017.
Any other business: None
Meeting adjourned at 09:15.